Sunday, January 2, 2011

How to Travel Without Thinking Too Much

I don't think I'm alone when I say that I get stressed out when making travel plans.

It sucks.  The cost, the logistics, the sorting through search engines with way too many amazing options, the idea that I have to pack, what to do with my basil plant, and making decisions.  It once took me THREE DAYS to decide on which hotel to stay at in Dubai for a couple nights.  Like it matters?  Ugh and ugh.


Traveling is supposed to be relaxing.  Shouldn't travel planning be relaxing as well?

I decided to take my chances and make it relaxing today.  Here's how I did it, and suggest you try this too:

Step 1: Check your bank account, got enough there to save you in case of disaster wherever you're going? probably

Step 2:  Go to a travel site.  Choose the place you want to go, find a hotel, find a flight.

Step 3: Book it.  Just do it.  Now you have to go.  







 

1 comment:

Kerin said...

BTW, as a corollary to this post ... I booked a TERRIBLE place and we had to leave after spending one sleepless night there. Oops.